Minnan Seafood Restaurant: A Restaurant Serving Home-Style Cooked Chinese Food

Facebook

It's been some time since I've eaten out during the pandemic. It's a good thing I finally got my COVID-19 booster shot allowing me to have my limited freedom. I was able to go out on a group meal at Minnan Seafood Restaurant which opened last February 4, 2019. The only Minnan branch I was able to eat before was at Ming Nan Chinese Cuisine located at Plaridel Extension, Cebu City. It was a nice casual dining experience where I could select two kinds of food with rice. The food would change depending on the day. One's a nice canteen with an airconditioner. The other is a nice casual but fancy dining place.  

Facebook

The specialty might be seafood (which is evidenced by the display of live sea creatures) while serving other delicious dishes. What I could remember are the mixed vegetables, beef hotpot, pork leg hotpot, sweet and sour fish, oyster cake, steamed fried rice, and cuttlefish during that night. I wanted to take pictures but we all ended up eating so fast it was hard to do so. I was able to enjoy the group meal to which I was invited. I got so full of what I'd call home-style cooked Chinese food.

There's also a freezer containing their ice cream. I was able to get an Aice ice cream on a stick and frozen chocolate mochi. I ended up paying (for myself) for the dessert. I'm probably quite a chocoholic myself though I avoid anything overly sweet. It was a good thing I still had space for some dessert. Both the food and the dessert were a good experience on that day.

Hopefully, I'll be able to go there again. I would actually recommend this for people who enjoy Chinese food. It's a totally different experience on its own. It should be in the list of Chinese restaurants one should go to for more authentic Chinese food. 

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food