Started to Invest in the ATRAM Global Equity Opportunity Feeder Fund

It's time to begin a new road into investing. I went from a moderate risk taker to a moderately aggressive risk taker. Of course, I need to be careful with how much money I invest or I don't invest the money that I need. I believe that one could start by investing 15% to 20% of one's income. Basically, it's money that's not needed now. Fortune Recommends gives this ideal sweet spot:

Many of the experts we spoke with suggested, as a general rule, to invest a set percentage of your after-tax income. Although that percentage can vary depending on your income, savings, and debts. “Ideally, you’ll invest somewhere around 15%–25% of your post-tax income,” says Mark Henry, founder and CEO at Alloy Wealth Management. “If you need to start smaller and work your way up to that goal, that’s fine. The important part is that you actually start.” 

Some budgeting strategies account for this, such as the 50/30/20 budgeting strategy, which breaks your monthly budget into three categories: your needs (50%), wants (30%), and the remaining 20% for debt repayment, savings, and investments. 

For some, investing 10% of their monthly income isn’t feasible, but that shouldn’t be a reason to not invest altogether. 

According to the Pew Research Center, even among families who earn less than $35,000 per year, one-in-five have assets in the stock market. Investing is less about how much you’re investing and more about how much time your investment has to compound or appreciate in value. 

This is a description given for the ATRAM Global Equity Opportunity Feeder Fund:

The Fund seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing all or substantially all of its assets in an equity collective investment scheme that invests principally in equity securities in markets throughout the world including major markets and smaller emerging markets.

The syllabus gives this idea of what the ATRAM Global Equity Opportunity Feeder Fund has in store for the investor:


Compared to the ATRAM Global Technology Feeder Fund (read here) and the Global Consumer Trends Feeder Fund (read here)--I can now get involved in multiple sectors at once like I'm investing in an index fund. I can have a huge certainty that this isn't the Standard & Poor index fund that Warren Buffett recommends to American investors. Instead, this is focused on various sectors around the world where 56% is on American firms while it scatters in other countries. 

I wanted to invest in the ATRAM Global Healthcare Feeder fund since it's got a lower aggressive rate. Instead, I felt that if I invested in thematic investing--I might be at a better advantage. Sure, I'm not going to pull out my other two funds just yet. What I want to do right now is to cost-average an intended fund into this one for maybe a year or two. Maybe, I can drop at least PHP 2,000.00 per month depending on the NAVPU. I might invest more should the NAVPU be lower.

So far, I've just begun another investment journey. I took a Metrobank Equity Tracker Fund. I'm still invested in the ATRAM Philippine Equity Smart Index Fund. The rule of thumb that I always feel is this, "Never invest hoping to get rich quick fast. Invest only what you can afford not to use now."

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food