Bharat Spice's Modest Atmosphere, Rich Indian Food in IT Park

Happy Cow

Another food review I would like to publish is on Bharat Spice located in IT Park 3 Jose Maria Del Mar, Apas, Cebu City. I remembered having eaten at Cherry's the Spice before eating at this place. I was pretty much ignorant of the differences between North Indian and South Indian cooking. I tend to prefer Indian vegetable dishes so I didn't get quite a good first impression of this place. However, tasting their meat dishes such as tandoori chicken, chicken dosa, and goat rogan josh practically made me fall for this place. I also enjoyed their garlic naan which is my favorite bread from their menu. 

What makes this place unique according to proprietor Vijay Vasandani II:

Here, there is no Bollywood music blasting through speakers, no Bollywood movie posters plastered on walls, and no belly dancers. “We wanted a restaurant where you can tell it’s Indian by its food, not by a sort of caricature of what our culture is,” said Vijay Vasandani II, proprietor of Bharat Spice.

While Bollywood Tandoor was driven by the name Bollywood which is the Indian Hollywood--here it decides to try a more modest atmosphere. I was thinking about how I enjoyed weekend night dinners here at Bharat Spice. I found the absence of blasting music and dancing to be rather refreshing. I could enjoy the food with just some gentle Indian music. It was a nice pace from what Bollywood Tandoor offered during the weekends. Besides, I had a habit that after eating at Bharat--I would go to Chatime to buy some delicious fruit tea if I didn't drink their warm tea.

My recommended dishes would be mostly meat dishes. I did like some of their vegetable dishes. However, it seems their specialty would be goat and chicken. I usually referred to their goat dishes as different types of caldereta (goat stew) and their tandoori chicken as lechon manok cooked in a clay oven. 

References

"Get curried away" (December 6, 2017)

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food