Cardinal Coffea: Cardinal Bakeshop's Fabulous Coffee Shop at Capitol Site

I remembered back when we got bread from Cebu Cardinal Bakeshop. The time came when what would start out as a bakeshop opened its coffee shop at Don Gil Garcia corner, Don Jose Avila, Cebu City. Here's a bit of history from Cebu Bulletin to understand its history:

This bakeshop is run by the Ong couple since 1999. Leewin, who was an engineer by profession, decided with his wife to give baking a shot – and the rest, they say, is history. Cebu Cardinal Bakeshop is popular all over Cebu City for its reasonably priced pastries and cakes.

Their most sought-after treats include cheese rolls with queso de bola which earned its 3rd consecutive Best Specialty Bread award from SunStar Cebu, chiffon cakes, and cookies. Passersby are familiar with the bakeshop’s signature smell of delicious pastries that are baked fresh every day.

Cebu Bulletin

Here's a picture of the interior of Cardinal Coffea. It's a very elegant, business-like atmosphere. I could remember a number of times when I wanted to eat there but hated the pay parking near the Temple of Virtue. I didn't like the idea of leaving my key at the pay parking because I might forget about it. I didn't mind buying bread (especially their yemma bread and meat buns) whenever I had the opportunity. Fortunately, there's Grab Food which I use to order their delicacies every now and then. I haven't really got the opportunity to sit there for too long. They serve really good meals though my primary purpose there is for coffee and baked goods. I've had some of my peers eat there, especially those who worked at Cebu Doctors' University Hospital and the like. 

Cebu Bulletin

Grab Foods came in handy for Cardinal Coffea, especially during the pandemic. Before that, ordering from them before a party also came in handy. I've experienced many gatherings where someone bought desserts from Cardinal Coffea. I also remembered how ordering their bread sets before Maundy Thursday came. 

Right now, I wonder if I'll ever be able to dine in there again after some time. Though, if I want some of their breads, I'd get Grab Foods to deliver some. My personal favorites would be their yemma buns, meat buns, chocolate buns, chocolate tarts, tuna pandesals, cheese roll, chicken roll, BBQ pork bun, custard cake, yemma cake, moist chocolate cake, and mango cream cake which come in handy for some gatherings. 

Sunstar Best of Cebu

It's good to know the place is still making waves even during the pandemic. In fact, it won Sunstar's Best of Cebu for three years in a row. Not surprising since they've been innovating as a way to stay afloat in the midst of competition. So far, so good, and it's in m list of recommended bakeshops. 

References

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food