Leona's Cakes and Pastries Remains One of My Favorite Bakeshops

Pursuit of Functional Home

I would admit I have a sweet tooth that I should put under control. My love for homestyle pastries was with Leona's Cakes and Pastries. My love for this bakery would go for some of my favorite flavors. I remembered going to China last 2007 and stopping by Hong Kong. Hong Kong had its famous Lord Stow's egg custard. It really felt absurd if I would've to fly to Hong Kong just to get it. Fortunately, a bakery in Cebu City was able to fill in that gap and that was Leona's Cake and Pastries. Although I'm not always lucky to get it--I would buy it when I can though it's best eaten on occasion especially when I'm on a weight loss regimen. I was pretty heavy last 2013 and wanted to lose as much weight as possible. 

The tarts were the beginning of that love affair with Leona's Cakes and Pastries. What got me more interested in it are the chocolate cake, the banoffee, and my favorite mango chiffon cake. I guess I can't deny mango has been one of my favorite fruits. It was said that my late paternal grandfather (who died before I was born) was fond of them. I guess some tastes are acquired by genetics, right? I would also buy much of their bread like banana bread, chocolate bread, focaccia bread, bread toasts, and the like.

The business expanded and established small branches in some areas. I heard some of its branches closed during the pandemic namely Ayala Center, SM City, and SM Seaside. Meanwhile, its main office remains open as well as the SM Consolacion, Ayala Central Bloc, and Banilad are still open. Though, I had the pleasure of going to the main office the most because that's where I get to get most of what I want to buy.

I'm not too surprised the place was named after a certain late Leona. The sisters have done a good job in preserving the legacy. In fact, I still feel the establishment continues to remain on my list of favorites. The innovative cycle really kept the establishment strong for so long. The late Leona indeed has left a legacy that customers like myself can be proud of. 

References

"Leona’s Bakeshop Review" by Judy (June 11, 2017)

"Leona’s daughters make most of baking legacy" by Aileen Garcia-Yap (October 22, 2012)
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/293442/leonas-daughters-make-most-of-baking-legacy

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food