Ate at Yukga Korean BBQ and I Love Their Seolleongtang


I got to eat for the first time at the Yukga Barbecue Grill. Granted, the servings are rather huge and I was alone--I decided to try their delicious seolleongtang. It's around PHP 400.00+ and the serving was rather huge. It would be more advisable to bring a friend to share the bowl if you're a tiny eater. I remembered trying seolleongtang at some Korean restaurant (forgot the name) which closed down some time before the pandemic. I think it was located at The Greenery in Mabolo. 

For those who have no idea what seollongtang is, the Korean Bapsang website shares this detail:
What is Seolleongtang 
Seolleongtang is a milky beef bone soup that’s made by boiling down ox leg bones for several hours until the broth becomes rich and creamy white. This broth is a staple in Korean households, especially during cold winter months.

Legend has it that this soup was created because King Seonjong of the Joseon Dynasty wanted to feed a large number of people after an ancestral worship ritual involving a sacrificial cow. Let me tell you — the King had the right idea!

The soup might be familiar to those who watched Shining Inheritance on GMA-7 in the late 2000s. I did find the soup kind of weird-looking due to how milky white it is. However, my appetite for South Korean food got me curious. I remembered Dakimong which is no longer around. Dakimong was once located on M. Cuenco Avenue and got replaced by Bollywood Tandoor. 

So far, I enjoyed the seolleongtang. It's usually served bland so asking for salt and pepper may be necessary. I think the reason why it's served bland is so the customer can add the salt and pepper. Kimchi can also be added into the soup to add flavor.

Right now, I'm yet to try the barbecue at Yukga Grill. Maybe, I'll try it with my friends. Meanwhile, I give a recommendation for their seolleongtang. 

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food