My Personal Review of Jolly Bubble's New Bento Meals I've Recently Liked

I wrote my personal review on Jolly Bubble (read here). I decided to order some of their new bento meals via Foodpanda. Here are a few bento meals from Jolly Bubble which I'd personally recommend:

Breaded pork or tonkatsu with scrambled eggs and honey sauce

If you're looking for tonkatsu - here's a new delicious dish that had been popular in the Food Panda order menu. Filipinos do have a love for pork. I'm not quite a pork fan (since I'm watching my weight). However, an occasional eating of this tonkatsu with honey sauce and scrambled eggs can be good. I was able to order one (guilt free) because I've been doing several aerobics exercises recently to lose weight. So far, it's a good recommendation but not as much as...


Tonkatsu with mapo tofu

It's no secret that I'm a fan of tofu. This combination has been one of my favorites. The mapo tofu almost serves as a sauce for the tonkatsu. I pretty much like how both complement each other. I pretty much enjoy dipping the pork chop into the mapo tofu. It brings me back memories of some Chinese food that I used to eat before the pandemic. 

Mapo tofu with omelette rice

This is almost a different variation of mapo tofu. I didn't notice much of the difference during my first order of mapo tofu. It was when I started eating it without the pork chop that I realized it's actually not the same one in other places. I enjoy the spicy blend of mapo tofu. Even without the meat, it's still a very filling meal since tofu in itself is a meat substitute. So far, this tends to be my favorite way of eating mapo tofu since I love vegetarian foods as well.

Pork belly with teriyaki sauce

Humba tends to be a staple for Filipino dishes. This is humba with teriyaki sauce. Sure, I could remember both grandmothers eating it. The teriyaki sauce is a nice twist to an old recipe. having brocoli, eggs, and seaweed also adds a good combination.


Sticky rice topped with preserved meat

I don't know if I could compare this to the Filipino valenciana or Chinese machang. Apparently, I think this is Taiwanese sticky rice, or you fan. It's topped with Chinese sausage. It has a brown color, some dried shrimp (which I don't recommend if you're allergic to shrimp), and some corn grains. This is another different twist to sticky rice. I'd add this to my line of Asian sticky rice dishes. 

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food