I Just Tried the Delicious Food of Hwang Geum Seong in Space 101, The Walk, IT Park, Cebu City



It's been some time since I reviewed a restaurant, right? I've been to IT Park in Cebu City a few times after the pandemic. Last Sunday noon, after going to church, I ate at this new establishment called Hwang Geum Seong at The Walk in IT Park. That would be right across Calyx Building. The presence of both Chinese characters and Korean characters shows it's a fusion between Chinese and Korean. Well, Chinese and Korean food can be similar yet different. In my case, I'm actually a fan of Korean food for some time now. The Mandarin would be read as Huángjīn Chéng (please refer to a pinyin table to avoid misreading it). The literal meaning is Golden City. 

There was the limited mix-and-match which reminds me of eating at Mingnan Cuisine in Plaridel, Cebu City. Mingnan Chinese Cuisine presented its trademark mix and match. Meanwhile, the Minnan Seafood Restaurant in Jamestown, Cebu City, Philippines, (read here) devotes itself to ala carte. I decided to try the limited mix-and-match before I decide to go for the ala carte. There are meals good for one and there are meals meant to be shared (which are charged higher due to the quantity). The mix-and-match was most likely used for promotion. Meanwhile, I haven't tried their ala cart meals yet (good for one) yet. However, the mix-and-match has at least given me an idea of what ala carte meals I'd order either for myself or for a group.


The establishment opened around March 6, 2023. The place is run by South Koreans. I really want to try interviewing the owners if it's ever allowed. The mix-and-match convinces me that I should try their ala cart meals. 



I eventually tried their rice meals (the prices are similar to Bharat Spice's meals, located at Skyrise 3, IT Park) or try their group meals which are good for 4-5 people. I definitely want to try more of their meals. The beef rice meal was really delicious. The end of the mix-and-match was kind of disappointing. I guess the ala carte pretty much is what's selling more, right? Hopefully, I can try more of the meals with a group since some meals are rather huge. 

I may soon write a follow-up review since I'm very impressed by this place! It's very clean, very well-designed, and I'd say that it provides a very warm atmosphere for Korean-Chinese food fusion. Yum!

Updated: March 26, 2023, 2:28 P.M. 

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food