Fang's Authentic Cuisine: Offering Taiwan's Flavors at Castle Peak Hotel

Some time ago, I wrote a review for Jolly Bubble at SSY Lahug. I decided to go to Fang's Authentic Cuisine at Castle Peak in Mabolo, Cebu City. It's another small place. I heard they used to have a place on the 10th floor of the Mezzo Hotel, and it closed. Now, I'd like to share my dine-in experience here as of today. It's a typical small space, and thankfully, they have Grab Food. However, some items are best dined in.

Finding parking there can be difficult. Thankfully, I was able to get a parking space. Sure, I had to pay PHP 20.00 but it's better than paying higher for traffic violations. One could see a turnaround corner after Castle Peak and see two parking spaces. One belongs to Castle Peak and the other is a standard pay parking. 


I tried their Taiwanese beef udon for a start. I was amazed by the use of steel bowls. This is traditional Taiwanese beef noodles. It took me some time to consume it. Honestly, I felt like I should've gone for the braised pork (humba) instead due to the temperature. It took me some time to finish the broth but it was worth it. The price may not be fit for a student budget but the size is actually worth it! 

I also had Taiwanese shaved ice served after dessert. Yeah, I remember eating shaved ice during my MBA days at the University of San Carlos-Downtown Campus. I don't know if the place is still open now, and parking is a real hurdle there. I had this Taiwanese traditional shaved ice with lots of sweet beans. Filipinos like myself may find some ingredients here familiar to the Filipino-style halo-halo. Taiwan, like the Philippines, was once occupied by the Empire of Japan during the Second World War. 

In my case, I want to try more dine-in items here. However, getting parking on a Sunday (Family Day) may not be so easy. I might want to plan all my visits to this place rather than dine at a whim, like I did today. 

Popular posts from this blog

A Sensible Middle Road on My Stance with Pax Silica?

Do My Fellow Filipinos Understand the ECONOMIC WHY Behind High Electricity Rates?

Does Kabataan Partylist Really Understand Economics in Opposing Pax Silica?