Business Discipline Meets Historical Records. An MBA’s Review of Policy and Facts.
Would You Want a MARITES in Management and Economics?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Above is a meme I found on Facebook a few days ago. I thought I'd not be writing anything for now. Instead, I was thinking of giving a "sequel" to my Intrigador Financials joke post (read here). I feel the abundance of social media gossipers has given me the motivation to write another joke post. This time, it's the MARITES, which means Master of Arts in Relaying Information Through Exaggerated Storytelling. We can all forget about getting a master's degree in economics. Instead, we can pretend that Intrigador Financials has now opened a financial literacy academy. We can start a new school of management with Intrigador Financials. Instead of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Master of Arts in Economics (MA Econ) — we can imagine having a MARITES graduate school program from none other than Intrigador Financials.
I was thinking about how Intrigador Financials' MARITES program will try to develop financial literacy. Chances are their preferred mode of payment will be cryptocurrency, preferably through Bitcoin and Binance. The MARITES program will promote the following promises if you join them:
Learn how to gamble your way to success.
Learn how to manipulate cryptocurrency and become an overnight billionaire.
Learn how to time the stock market by determining when to panic and sell your bulk-bought bull market stocks.
Learn how to do day-to-day trading and earn money fast through the stock market.
Learn how to reason out why heads of government are always to blame for inflation.
Learn how to enforce cash dole-outs and learn to reason why a PHP 10,000.00 rollout isn't inflationary.
Learn why foreign direct investment (FDI) is bad and why the Philippines should remain in a protectionist economy.
Learn how to effectively market products by Intrigador Financials.
Learn how to play Axie Infinity at beat the other players.
In the end, you can expect to have billions of pesos when you get your MARITES.
What's the course starter kit? Well, above is Charlie Munger beating down fake financial gurus. Yet, you'll probably end up having courses that are written by the missing Ruja Ignatova, the late Gerald Cotten, Tai Lopez (and his garage), and many more. I could imagine Intrigador Financials might even endorse the writings of the late Bernard Madoff and Charles Ponzi (who died decades ago). There are so many fake financial gurus that I don't think I can memorize all their names, except for those who get overly notorious.
Chances are, I think this group (if it exists) will also align with the economist "think tank" IBON Foundation (read more here). I could imagine if we had Sonny Africa (who I refuse to take seriously) or maybe we could have Binance and Mavis Sky as part of the financial program. Maybe Mavis Sky can keep promoting Axie Infinity as a life-changing game. They will try to say that any scheme against them is nothing more than one done by jealous people.
If this program exists, I could imagine people will be buying cryptocurrency instead. For one, it's a lot more logical to buy devalued stocks either through DIY portfolio or through an index fund. One could consider keeping their AXA Chinese Tycoon Fund going or buying more from any feasible index fund. ATRAM has some good index funds. BPI has a good Philippine stock index fund. Metrobank has some good index funds. These stock funds can be useful in taking advantage of the dip. Though, I think Intrigador Financials will prefer cryptocurrency to hide their schemes. Just think about it how cryptocurrency has been used for criminal operations. I'd probably prefer cryptocurrency if I were a crook. It's going to be much harder to trace me that way.
If this financial training program exists--I can imagine it should be either a pyramid scam, a Ponzi scam, or maybe even a combination of both. Getting a MARITES may easily get the first few easy gains. However, Intrigador Financials will soon rob X to pay Y who joins their MARITES program. For me, no thanks. I had my experiences in being scammed. Joining any too good to be true financial guru programs is definitely not in my agenda.
Foreign Trade University I opened my mobile phone and found an article from the Inquirer that said the Philippines must adopt Southeast Asian models. Not surprisingly, the IBON Foundation was highlighted as among those who made the case. This is an excerpt from the Inquirer article: For Ibon Foundation, “the government should be able to control local oil prices and should not have to pass the burden of rising global prices on to consumers, as shown by other Southeast Asian countries with stronger state intervention.” It cited Vietnam, where oil prices are capped and the Price Stabilization Fund is tapped . It should be crazy that IBON should mention Vietnam. However, IBON continues to promote a flawed view on Foreign Direct Investment . Months ago, IBON (via its executive director, Jose Enrique "Sonny" Africa) even gave a flawed proposal in Follow the Money . Sure, Vietnam has these policies on capping and a price stabilization fund. What has allowed Vietnam to successfull...
It's Thursday, and I will try to recall some things from a business and economics perspective. I thought about how I didn't do well as a high school student, and that teachers often tell me to look past by it . Even the late headmistress of Bethany Christian School (who died of cancer in 2019) told me that when my high school report card was submitted ot the University of San Carlos , it should be a letting-go ritual. I still couldn't get over the toxic attitude that people have towards menial labor. Back then, I remember how I started slipping in my studies. Eventually, I started getting bad grades. The Filipino subject even had an example of a father trying to get his child to study, showing him the work of menial workers as the "fate of those who don't study hard enough" . The child was scared to see people do carpentry work. I was told that if I weren't studying hard enough, I would end up as a garbage collector. However, Typhoon Odette proved tha...
News Feed 360 A few days ago, I wrote an article where I talked about whether or not the best source for anti-reform Filipinos is well— chismis ? This time, with the news from Business World that Taiwan plans to build a $1-B plant in Clark City, I felt the need to write a "follow-up" to my article on the best source being chismis. THE Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) said company is building a $1-billion manufacturing facility in New Clark City (NCC), Tarlac. The agreement has been signed and an advance payment was made, BCDA President and Chief Executive Officer Joshua M. Bingcang told reporters last week. He said the facility will be located within Filinvest Innovation Park in New Clark City, Tarlac, making it one of the biggest locators in the estate . Mr. Bingcang said the facility will specialize in technology-related manufacturing, without providing details or identifying the company. However, this article will not focus on the business opportuni...