Why I'm Glad I Didn't Pull Out My ATRAM Global Technology Feeder Fund Just Yet

I do have the nasty habit of checking my portfolio on a daily basis. It's sort of me choosing between buying more units of participation or is it the time to sell here? When I mean time to tell, it's not about panic-selling but selling it because I want some cash. Last year, I wrote about why I'm also investing in ATRAM's Global Technology Feeder Fund. I've noticed that the NAVPU has increased and it may reach up to PHP 270.00 or even up to PHP 300.00. I'm still invested in the ATRAM Global Consumer Trends Feeder Fund and the Philippine Equity Smart Index Fund. It's sort of like not putting all my eggs into one basket. Also, I'd like to say I finally paid my five-year plan with AXA Chinese Tycoon Fund.

I did plan to pull out my ATRAM Global Technology Feeder Fund ASAP. It was because I was planning to buy myself a UPS because of the voltage fluctuations. I bought the UPS because I have big dreams for this site. Big dreams in the sense that I'll be able to raise awareness for the need for economic liberalization and literacy. I noticed the money I invested had a 10% to 15% increase. I wanted to pull it out. The moment I checked out on the investment--the ceiling price had increased. 


It's a good thing that I didn't think of stocks as a "get rich quick fast scheme". Many stock market horror stories happen because of people who think like that (read here). Instead of investing long-term, many of them prefer to ride on day trading hype. I even tried a day-trading simulator only to realize I could've lost USD 10,000.00 in real life (read here). As Warren Edward Buffett would say, the stock market is a device for patient investors, not impatient ones. I admit patience isn't really one of my strongest points, especially in a country of people who like to procrastinate. It's safe to assume most people who lost money in stocks participated in day trading hoping to make a quick buck. Others also invested the money they needed than the money they didn't need for the moment. Either way, stock market investing is something that needs extra patience.

Right now, I feel that the sales of new technology might make me earn more. In my case, I think the longest I'll hold my three ATRAM funds is five years. I feel that the value may go up any time soon. It pays off not to listen to social media gossipers. 

Popular posts from this blog

The "Kahit Konting Awa" Attitude Wouldn't Help Alleviate Anyone from Poverty

The Philippines 60-40 Equity Scheme Doesn't Prohibit FDIs But It's Still VERY DISCOURAGING for International Business

The Irony the Philippines Starts the Christmas Season in September BUT Many Filipinos Love Last-Minute Christmas Shopping

If You Want to Make the Philippines Better, Study... HARDER?

Hussam Middle Eastern Restaurant: A Trip Into Authentic Syrian Cuisine At Ayala Center Cebu

The Philippines will NEVER Get Richer by Blaming Its Richer Asian Neighbors

Can Diehard 1987 Constitution Defenders Prove Their Claims to the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy?

My Experience With Delicious ITealicious' Filling in the Milk Tea Demand in Cebu City

It'd Be Stupid to Continue Using Obsolete Chinese Language Textbooks to Teach Mandarin Chinese

Red Lizard: Wrestling With Your Taste Buds With Delicious Mexican Food